We had our last FPU class this past Sunday! All the couples “graduated” and feel like they have a different view on finances. Here are some of the exciting things that happened over the last 13 weeks…
- Two couples sold cars and bought replacements with CASH! The result? No car payments!!
- The husband of another couple got a 2nd job (temporarily) to help pay down their debt.
- One couple finished baby step 3-They put away 3-6 months of an emergency fund.
- Because couples had a plan for their money, they found there was less arguments, frustration, and stress!
- One couple completely paid off their house!!! You can read about that post HERE.
- The total debt that the class paid off in the 13 weeks was $68,000!
Ummm….WOW!!!!! That much debt gone between 8 couples is AMAZING!!! I believe the encouragement between the couples spurred on a lot of changes. It was great to see and hear how everyone was figuring out ways to reduce their debt. The couple that are completely debt-free (including their house) was an inspiration to everyone. We actually have a living example of a couple who did it and now there are couples who believe they can do it too! That, I believe, was the biggest blessing from the whole semester. Knowing that someone succeeded in the battle with debt shows that we can all can achieve what many believe is impossible!